STYLEBOP.com

Friday, October 14, 2011

My Fashion Thoughts

I love fashion and the ever changing options for a change every season. It’s so much fun and it’s my chance to change my style if the mood so touches me. Keeping up with the latest fashions has always been an adventure for as long as I can remember. The excitement of knowing there is an appropriate time that I can make a dramatic change, and having the season to be my reason is perfect!

When I was a child I always wanted to feel pretty and dress in my own style. I admit, it was not always the fashion that everyone else had, but as long as I felt good about it then I feel that’s really all that mattered. I felt pretty. I smiled. I was happy. I told my grandma what I wanted to wear and she usually made it for me. My grandma actually taught me how to take my own measurements and cut out my very own pattern with newspaper when I was still in elementary school. Believe it or not, I cut out the material with my pattern, sewed up my dress and wore it, and it didn’t fall apart! Oops - forgot the part where grandma put the snaps all the way down the front (like I wanted), and she did the finishing touches. That’s probably why it didn’t fall off of me. I was proud! If memory serves me right, that was my enlightenment to the world of design and fashion.


As time continued on, I became a teen and it became even more interesting than ever before. I started noticing the other styles that I had not ever even imagined. Teens were transferred from other cities, states, and even different countries that attended my school. I didn’t even realize, until I was older, that there were so many choices and styles. Fashion was unquestionably fun and I had to find out even more about what people wore in different parts of the world.

I appreciate the designers that put all their visions into every season and year of ever-changing fashion. So dive in and find what makes you feel good! We all deserve to feel and look our best, as well as create our own along the way. That’s what makes us who we are. I will do my best to research and keep up with fashion as I see it happening, and share my findings with everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment